Saturday, March 26, 2011

My first publisher



He was there then
And now too by my side
In all my trifles and
Moments of joy too
I always read my tiny little poems to him
He never said much
No remark
At times a hazy smile
That’s all
Never complimented
I didn’t get him
It was on a day
When I penned
The grief of a stone
Uncared and unloved
He was moved
There was a
Trace of a tear in his eye
I felt happy
My poesy moved him
But never expected it was for me
That tiny trace of his tear
He carried all through

The day came…..
When I was given away
In a heedless manner
To another being
In a social relation called
Marriage
He bought me
Many things
All any father
Would buy for his daughter
Any brother for his sis
But there was always
Me, in my innocence
Did not realize
His concern for me
And his helplessness





He sat far away
When the sacrificial rites
Were going on…..
And me a scape- goat on the altar
Unknowingly
Slain and did not get the pain
Then and suffered a life
Of pressure and vain

Slowly he came to me
With a gift pack in hand
With a smile and a hope
He placed it in my hands

My childishness made a guess
It must be a saree
Or some valuable
Materialistic gift
But……
When I opened the gift wrapper
In a very casual way
There was….
A typed book in our lingo
And on the first page carried
His by line and his word of love
“May you not forget your poetic ability(akkkaki)
Maa kavithaa jagathiki”
 My eyes filled
And I didn’t find him around
Amazed at his diligence
Of collecting from rags
My jottings
And scribbles
He made them a book
And gifted me his love
My puny philosopher
Knew then …
That my only savior
Is my poesy
And he still looks at me











Even at this time
Every day for a poem
For a smiling wish..
My puny philosopher
That made me a poet
And was my first
Publisher….
Expecting not a single penny
From this poor old lady
What royalty can I pay him?
But for a jot of poesy!!!
                                           Jagaddhatri 6.50pm Tuesday 11-01-2011




To my Uday my little brother who was overjoyed to find me
In my poesy and called me in the morning from thousands of miles afar
The words that moved me was “akka! I saw ur poem in telugu literary circle I thought u are awake” this may mean nothing to many but he made me, my younger brother my philosopher and guide jagannath poosarla ….lots of love akka
And a very grateful thanks to John sathyanand who made this possible through his Telugu Literary Circle…love j

                                                 


1 comment:

  1. A very very touching poem for a special relation that only blood understands ...can relate to this very well :)

    ReplyDelete