Monday, March 21, 2011

Making love….poetry


Making love….poetry

I know not
How to make poetry
But aimed to put
My words in sense
I gathered all my words
And all my similes and metaphors
I was choosy and picked up
Imagery and phraseology
And then with reverence
I sat to knit a poem
I tried to take a metaphor
And weave a beautiful
Piece of love
Lo! I metaphors mocked at me
At my innocence….
Leaving it, I took a beautiful simile
To make a philosophy of life
Oh! Can you…. fit me into your
Poor figures of speech
Life laughed at me….
So did I fail again….
I took care in chosing phrases
Giving up not
I  sought to make a love poem
For love is the only theme
I know and that’s the only
Asset I pride in
I endeavored
To pen down a feel
Of love into poesy
And oh! Ironically
It turned out to be
So melancholic
And I knew for sure
I can never change
The tone of my
Heart….
For my heart does not
Know how to
Make poetry
But to suffer pain
Of love and life
My  mind laughs at it
Chides it for its childishness
It enlightens me to
Live poetry and
Never try to make it
Countless efforts are
Already existing
By umpteen great souls
And still the quest is on and on….
Aah! I realize the fact..
Do all the words
and lingos
Suffice ……
To define love and poesy……no way
Smiling at my incongruity
I cap off my pen and
Switch off my light
And put off my immature
Venture to make a poem…..
For love and poetry
Cannot be made
They ought to happen…
They are to be lived…..
And not recorded ……in words….
At least I cannot….do it….!!!
(with apologies to all love poets)
                          Lots of love jagathi..9.15pm Tuesday 9-2-2011

1 comment: